2012-13 US Energy Tax Credit
Note: This page provides information for doors purchased between January 2, 2012 and December 31, 2013 only.
As part of the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012, homeowners are eligible for a 10% tax credit up to $500 dollars if they purchase a qualifying door.
How do I get the credit?
- Purchase and install an ENERGY STAR qualified Masonite product from 1/2/2012 to 12/31/2013.
- Save the sales receipt and the manufacturer's ENERGY STAR/NFRC certification label.
- Claim the tax credit when you file your taxes as directed by the IRS or consult a tax professional.
Which products qualify?
- Door units must be ENERGY STAR qualified and bear the temporary NFRC/ENERGY STAR label.
- Download the attached general guidlines highlighting which Masonite doors and sidelites are eligible.
- The tax credit is for 3rd party certified door systems (including door, jamb, sill, weather-stripping, sidelites, etc.) and must be assembled by a qualified manufacturer such as Masonite. Individual components or units assembled by non-qualified manufacturers do not qualify. Masonite sells both certified door systems and individual components which can be assembled by others. Check with your supplier to ensure they have the proper ENERGY STAR qualification and NFRC certification prior to purchase.
- The tax credit is for the product only and does not cover installation costs.
- The maximum lifetime credit is $500 for the tax year and includes other eligible products.
- Masonite does not assume any liability for determining whether a particular product qualifies for the tax credit and is not providing legal or tax advice.